While speaking to reporters inside the Oval Office on Thursday, May 21, the president admitted he’s unsure whether he’ll make it to the intimate Bahamas ceremony due to mounting concerns overseas.
“He’d like me to go, but it’s going to be just a small, little, private affair,” President Trump, 79, said in a clip shared to X by News Nation of his eldest son’s upcoming nuptials to socialite Bettina Anderson.
“I said, ‘You know, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things,'” he added.
The commander in chief also joked that the situation is a no-win scenario for him politically.
“If I do attend, I get killed. If I don’t attend, I get killed,” Donald quipped.
Yonhap News/YNA/Newscom/The Mega Agency
As National Enquirer previously reported, Don Jr., 48, and Anderson, 39, are set to marry Saturday, May 23, during a private island ceremony in the Bahamas surrounded by close family and friends.
The couple got engaged in December 2025 after about a year of dating.
Donald also praised his future daughter-in-law, telling reporters he has known Anderson “for a long time” and hopes the newlyweds “have a great marriage.”
Don Jr. was previously married to Vanessa Trump, with whom he shares five children. On May 20, Vanessa — who is currently dating Tiger Woods — revealed she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.