Donald Trump Jr.’s highly anticipated wedding to Palm Beach socialite Bettina Anderson has been placed on hold, according to a new report.
According to a Tuesday, April 28Daily Mailreport, the event — expected to be an exclusive affair with a bevy of high-profile guests — may be scaled back and delayed due to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, which began in February with U.S. and Israeli airstrikes against Iran.
Now, insiders told the outlet that the couple is waiting for tensions to ease before moving forward. The nuptials could ultimately take place at the White House in what’s now being described as a “very small” ceremony.
“They will have a celebration at the due time, at the White House. But you know, they’re waiting for the right moment because of what’s happening in the world. They want to wait until that settles,” a source told the Daily Mail.
Photo credit: Graeme Sloan – Pool via CNP / MEGA
The insider went on to claim that the timing will be based on what’s “appropriate.”
“They’re waiting and so they may have a very, very intimate, extremely intimate celebration at the White House, just family members. But still, when it’s appropriate. And at the moment it’s not appropriate,” the source continued.
Earlier this month, People magazine reported that the couple had been eyeing the White House ballroom for a wedding. However, the ballroom has yet to be built amid Trump’s ongoing construction work.
Anderson and Trump Jr., 47, got engaged in December 2025. This will mark Anderson’s first marriage. Trump Jr. was previously engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle, now the current Ambassador to Greece.
He was also married to Vanessa Trump from 2005 to 2018. The former couple shares two children: daughter Kai, 18, and son Donald Trump III, 17. Vanessa has since moved on with Tiger Woods.