Pool Photo from Consolidated News Photos / MEGA; ZUMAPRESS.com / MEGA
Joe Rogan is once again speaking out against President Donald Trump, accusing him of starting a war between the U.S. and Iran to distract from more domestic scandals.
Rogan, 58, a longtime Trump ally who had him on his podcast prior to the 2024 presidential election, has seemingly soured on him in recent weeks. On the Thursday, April 2, episode of The Joe Rogan Experience, he chatted with fellow podcasterTheo Von about the war and spoke candidly about what he thinks caused it.
“A lot of things are getting exposed right now,” Rogan said. “There’s a lot of fraud.”
US Department of Justice/ MEGA
“People are also scared because no one’s getting in trouble for things. Like, no one’s getting in trouble for the Epstein files,” he continued, referring to the documents related to late sex offenderJeffrey Epstein that were released earlier this year by the Department of Justice, in which Trump’s name is mentioned heavily. (The 79-year-old president has not been charged with any crime related to Epstein.)
When Von, 46, noted that the story has largely “disappeared” from the news, Rogan hinted that it was by design.
“Well, that’s part of what happens when there’s some sort of a big social thing,” Rogan explained. “One thing that, in the past, leaders have used to cover up problems at home is a f**king war. I’m not saying that’s why they bombed Iran, but that would be a way to do it. If you’re that psychotic, and you were thinking about doing it anyway, you might be able to justify it.”
Instagram/Joe Rogan
He added that, historically, a war has been a way to allow people to stay in power.
Elsewhere in the podcast, Rogan explained that, although he previously supported Trump, his going back on his campaign promise of no new wars has made him rethink his stance.
“I’m confused. I can’t believe we went to this war,” Rogan said. “When we started bombing Iran, I was like, there can’t this can’t be true.”